United Way Fox Cities is committed to honoring the privacy of our supporters and those who visit the United Way Fox Cities website. We do not collect your personally identifiable information from you or from your employer unless you or your employer provides it to us voluntarily and knowingly. You can visit our site without telling us who you are or revealing information about yourself. However, if you specifically agree to provide us with identifiable information, such as by making a donation, we may contact you from time to time. No personal information is sold, rented, or traded to third parties.
Access to the information:
The records we maintain on our contributors are regarded as confidential. The information is stored securely with access limited to United Way Fox Cities, its employees, officers, and identified volunteers. All employees and volunteers with access to donors’ personal information have agreed to keep your information confidential and secure. We may utilize third party partners to process your contributions and they have also agreed to keep the personal information they receive from us confidential and secure. If you designate that your gift be given directly to another agency or United Way partner, we also may share your information with them with your permission.
Data Security Commitment:
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and help ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate and reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. In addition, we use firewalls to help prevent outside parties from accessing our database server through the Internet, and physical access to the database server is restricted to authorized individuals. Online donations are transmitted via a secure server using the latest encryption technology and our online credit card processing technology partners are PCI compliant.
Use of the information:
- The information you or your employer provide to us is used to help ensure accurate records for our campaign, to acknowledge your donation, to provide tax receipts as appropriate, and to respond to any of your requests. We also use your contact information to provide you with updates about our work you may find of interest. Contact us with any communication preferences you may have.
- Public Recognition – Unless you let us know otherwise, we publicly recognize and thank donors, volunteers, and other stakeholders for their generosity.
- Designating a gift – If you direct all or a portion of your donation to another United Way or agency, your name, contact information, and amount of gift will be relayed to the nonprofit organization. This information will enable the organization to acknowledge your donation directly and to send you information about their programs. We encourage you to reach out to any United Way or agency you designate if you want information on their policies regarding their use of donor contact information.
- Gifts to United Way Fox Cities –You may ask to remain anonymous in which case no public recognition will be given.
- Designated Gifts – You may ask to remain anonymous when making your gift, in which case neither your name nor any other information about you will be transmitted to the recipient nonprofit organization. You will still receive an acknowledgement of your gift from United Way Fox Cities, and your gift will remain tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
- Other United Ways – Contact information may be shared with other United Ways for the purpose of notifying you about upcoming event collaborations.
- Third-Party Suppliers – In order to maintain cost effectiveness and continue to provide a high level of donor service, United Way may use selected third parties that may require access to your confidential donor information. These companies have agreed to keep your information confidential and secure.
- As required by law – We may disclose information we collect from you if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary (a) to obey the law or comply with legal process served on us; (b) to protect and defend our rights or property or the rights or property of other users of our website; or (c) to act in an emergency to protect the personal safety of users of our website or the public.
We collect broad, general statistical information about how visitors use our website, such as how often each page is visited, for the purpose of creating a better site for our community. We do not collect information on individual visits to the site.
There are links to other websites throughout our site for the purpose of providing more useful and complete information to our visitors. We are not responsible for the contents or privacy practices of any website other than our own.
If you have any questions about our privacy policies or would like to further restrict the use of your information, please contact us.